Exercise 37: Relative Clauses
- The last record which produced by this company became a gold record.
- Checking accounts that require a minimum balance are very common now.
- The professor whom you spoke yesterday is not here today.
- John whose grades are the highest in the school has received a scholarship.
- Felipe bought a camera which has three lenses.
- Frank is the man who we are going to nominate for the office or treasurer.
- The doctor is with a patient whose leg was broken in an accident.
- Jane is the woman who is going to Chinaa next year.
- Janet wants a typewriter that self-corrects.
- The book which I found last week contains some useful information.
- Mr. Bryant whose team has lost the game looks very sad.
- James wrote an article which indicated that he disliked the president.
- The director of the program who graduated from Harvard University is planning to retire next year.
- This is the book that I have been looking for all year.
- William whose brother is a lawyer wants to become a judge.
Exercise 38: Relative Clause Reduction
- George is the man chosen to represent the committee at the convention.
- All of the money accepted has already been released.
- The papers on the table belong to Patricia.
- The man brought to the police station confessed to the crime.
- The girl drinking coffe is Mary Allen.
- John’s wife, a professor, has written several papers on this subject.
- The man talking to the policeman is my uncle.
- The book on the top shelf is the one that I need.
- The number of students counted is quite high.
- Leo Evans, a doctor, eats in this restaurant every day.
Exercise 39: Subjunctive
- The teacher demanded the student to leave the room.
- It was very important that we delayed discussion.
- The king decreed the new laws to take effect the following months.
- His father prefers him to attend a different university.
- The faculty stipulated the rule to be abolished.
- She urged us to find another alternative.